I would like to invite you to download a free e-book “Motivating Your Mind, Inspiring Your Spirit” and check out page 25 for my tips on “How to Overcome Call Reluctance”.
The E-book is the brainchild of one of my long term colleagues, Rob Salisbury, who has invited a number of speakers and trainers in our community to contribute. There are some great articles for salespeople in here so don’t keep it to yourself, pass it on to your colleagues and enjoy your own read.
JENNY CARTWRIGHT – Motivating your Mind – Inspiring your Spirit for 2015-Jan2015 (2)
Yes, I know, it’s hard to overcome call reluctance after a holiday so here are some of the reasons why you might take a while to get going on your calls and some ideas how to get over them.
1. You avoid doing the calls because you find a lot of things to do like the filing from last year, the email inbox to sort out, the paperwork to prepare for 2012, meetings to attend., the diary to plan
2. You fear you won’t be well received because people are only just back at work.
3. You believe the prospects on your list will never buy from you so what is the point in calling them?
4. You think the calls can wait till next week.
5. You have no goals/motivation so you have nothing to aim for yet
6. You don’t feel good about yourself and have a negative self image at the moment
7. You need to learn more about your new products you are selling before you feel confident to talk about them. Product knowledge is vital.
All of these avoidance behaviours are not going to serve you if you want to have your best year ever. Think about it this way, one hour of procrastination per day equals 225 selling hours wasted a year (based on working 45 weeks a year). There is a way to get round all of them.
Write down the behaviours you personally act out to avoid the calling? Being aware of those is the first step.
7 Ideas To Kickstart Your Telephone Sales